What does Clean Label mean?
To us, Clean Label means a short list of ingredients ONLY consisting of foods that come from nature.
- no lab created ingredients
- no lab developed extracts, acids, flavors, colors, or preservatives
- no added sugar
- no artificial flavors
- no “natural” flavors (more on “natural” flavors below)
Why Clean Label?
Anyone that reads ingredient lists knows that: 1) they can be confusing and 2) they can be filled with ingredients that don’t come from nature. Even those packages and ingredient lists that claim to be “natural” may be confusing and different from what a consumer expects. Clean Label eliminates obfuscation and increases transparency. You deserve to know what's in your food.
What does Clean Energy have against "natural" flavors?
Many health conscious consumers have shifted away from excessive artificial flavors and artificial ingredients. Surprisingly, "natural" flavors aren't much better. “Natural” flavors are ubiquitous in packaged foods. But “natural” flavors don’t fit into our definition of natural or Clean Label. Do your own research on “natural” flavors. You may come to the same conclusion.
In short, "natural" flavors have a long and ambiguous definition from the FDA. The definition is broad enough to allow lab developed ingredients, many of which may be unrelated to the product. Even the Government Accountability Office has concluded that “natural” flavors need additional studying and safety precautions! "Natural" flavors are similar to artificial flavors, added sugar, and other lab created ingredients. There is growing health literature supporting the idea that added sugar and lab created ingredients, when consumed in excess over time, are contributors to metabolic and inflammatory disease.
If you prefer organic, you are indicating that you don't want lab created stuff on your food while it is being grown. Why would you want lab created stuff in your packaged food? We don't, which is why we go with Clean Energy, Clean Label, and certified organic.
In addition to being Clean Label, what other healthy attributes does Clean Energy possess?
- Certified Organic
- Gluten Free
What is the nutritional information for Clean Energy?
Why a single serve packet?
Single-serve packets are more portable and packable than bottles. They are a great way to deliver the nutrition of a smoothie, without the mess. Smoothies are closer to the original raw food form, retaining more of its nutrients, and offering more fiber and nutrition than juice. Compared with glass bottles or the standard plastic/PET bottle per 100g of product, packets reduce packaging weight by over 90% and 35%, respectively. The result is less greenhouse gas produced in shipping and less landfill.
When to use?
- Replenish energy (calories) quickly and easily before, during, or after a workout, race, or game without the added junk of standard sports nutrition
- Find a quick and easy clean label way to nourish yourself with organic fruits and vegetables, at home or on-the-go
- Pack for a clean energy boost on a hike, bike, canoe, climb, or a run
- Provide a halftime shot of clean energy that is not as heavy or dry as a protein/energy bar, but more naturally nutritious than a sports drink or gel.
- Recharge energy before, during, or after a long shift when time is short.
Clean Energy: Anytime you want Clean Label with convenience
How to store?
Clean Energy tastes great chilled like a smoothie, but it is shelf stable for months and requires no refrigeration before opening.